New pensioner’s checklist
1. Get a tax card for pension
You will need a separate tax card for pension. You should request the tax card from the tax office as soon as you have received your pension decision.
- Tax matters to attend to upon retirement: Taxation of pension
2. Pension payment dates
Your pension will be paid into the bank account notified by you. Pension payment dates depend on whether you have retired from employment with local government, the State, the Evangelical Lutheran Church or Kela. The precise payment dates are announced annually.
- See the payment dates in the current year: Pension payment dates
3. Changes in address or bank account
The online service My Pension (available in Finnish and in Swedish) is an easy way of changing the bank account into which your pension is paid.
- How to change your details: Changes to personal details
4. Earnings-related pension card
The earnings-related pension card entitles to you to pensioner discounts and may be issued to you when you have retired permanently.
- Learn more about: Earnings-related pension card
5. Working while on pension
You can still work while drawing a pension. New pension accrues to you for employment while on pension up to the age of 68.
- Learn more about: Working while on pension
6. Previous year’s details in the annual letter
At the turn of the year we will send you an annual letter containing such information as the amount of pension paid to you in the previous year and the upcoming pension payment dates.
- Learn more about the annual letter on the page Taxation of pension
7. Income limit letters
If you are on disability pension or part-time pension, we will send you an income limit letter each year to inform you how much you may earn while on pension.
- Working while on part-time pension and applicable income limits: Part-time pension
- Information about Working while on pension
8. Are you living abroad?
Your pension can be paid into a bank account in Finland or abroad. If you are living abroad, you must report your address to Keva once a year.